Bylaws of the Illinois State Club of Sun City West
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of the organization shall be the Illinois State Club of Sun City West.
ARTICLE II – MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of this organization is to provide fellowship and interesting and enjoyable social activities and events of interest to the members. We are a casual social club. We encourage continued friendship with current and former Illinoisans and make a special effort to welcome those who are new to the communities we serve.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP
Any current or former resident of Illinois now residing in the West Valley and their spouse/partner shall be eligible for membership.
ARTICLE IV – OFFICERS
1. The officers of the club shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The committee chairs shall include but not be limited to Event Membership, Webmaster and immediate Past President.
2. Any member is eligible to serve as an officer or co-officer or committee chair. In the event that more than one member asks to be a candidate for a particular office, an election will be held at a meeting of the club. The member with the highest number of votes will be elected.
3. The officers shall be elected at the annual meeting of the club each year in November and will be elected for a one year term (Jan 1 – Dec 31). The committee chairs will be appointed by the president.
4. All officers and committee chairs shall serve without pay.
5. In the event of an officer vacating their position, the President will nominate a member to fill the office, which will be subject to a vote by the remaining officers.
ARTICLE V – EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE DUTIES
The officers and committee chairs shall constitute an Executive Committee; the voting members of the Executive Committee shall include the vice president, secretary, treasurer, membership chair, publicity chair, website chair and events chair with the president voting to break a tie vote. The Executive committee shall have the following powers and duties:
- To name committees, to draft and present for a vote of the members any rules, regulations, or changes.
- To call special meetings.
- To establish membership dues.
- To enforce all rules of the club.
- To preside at meetings of the club.
- To plan, publicize and conduct social activities of the club.
- To transact any new business deemed necessary between meetings without the approval of the membership.
The President shall be chairman of the Executive Committee and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
ARTICLE VI – FINANCES/DUES
The Treasurer is responsible for collecting and accounting for funds. New member dues shall be $10 per member which include a name badge. This fee covers mailings and miscellaneous expenses. Checks for dues are made payable to the Illinois State Club of Sun City West and mailed to the Treasurer. Renewal dues shall be $7 per member and are due by January 1 of each year.
The club is a nonprofit organization and if funds are available beyond what is needed for club operations, the executive committee will consider distributing these funds to worthwhile community charities.